[Supervisor-users] unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file

[Supervisor-users] unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file

Joan Perez Esteban
Hi all,

I am trying to start supervisorctl but all the time I get  the same error: <a href="unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock">unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file.
I haven’t found anything out there that can cause that error as I am running last version.

I am running supervisor in a centos server over a vm.

Thanks,

Juan

Re: [Supervisor-users] unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file

Paul Fox
joan perez esteban wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I am trying to start supervisorctl but all the time I get  the same error: unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file.
 > I haven’t found anything out there that can cause that error as I am running last version.
 >
 > I am running supervisor in a centos server over a vm.

i reported this exact symptom (running on ubuntu) back in may of last
year.  i assume my report is in the archives.  glad i wasn't imagining
it.  :-)   it happened to me several times, and since i had no real
means of debugging it, i switch to "serverurl=http://127.0.0.1:9001"
in my config, to use a non-unix socket.

paul

 > Thanks,
 >
 > Juan

Re: [Supervisor-users] unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file

Hussain Tamboli

Hello

I guess the error occurs because supervisor service is not running.

Do -
Sudo service supervisor start or
Sodo /etc/supervisor start

Then run supervisorctl.

I haven't tested this.

Regards,
Hussain

hussain wrote:
 > Hello
 >
 > I guess the error occurs because supervisor service is not running.

i can't speak for juan, but that was not true in my case.  the web
interface worked fine -- all managed processes were running, and i
could interact with supervisord from a browser.  it was only the
unix domain socket that had been somehow removed, and prevented
supervisorctl from working.

paul

 > Do -
 > Sudo service supervisor start or
 > Sodo /etc/supervisor start
 >
 > Then run supervisorctl.
 >
 > I haven't tested this.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Hussain
 > On 25 Jan 2015 03:36, "Paul Fox" <[hidden email]> wrote:
 >
 > > joan perez esteban wrote:
 > >  > Hi all,
 > >  >
 > >  > I am trying to start supervisorctl but all the time I get  the same
 > > error: unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file.
 > >  > I haven’t found anything out there that can cause that error as I am
 > > running last version.
 > >  >
 > >  > I am running supervisor in a centos server over a vm.
 > >
 > > i reported this exact symptom (running on ubuntu) back in may of last
 > > year.  i assume my report is in the archives.  glad i wasn't imagining
 > > it.  :-)   it happened to me several times, and since i had no real
 > > means of debugging it, i switch to "serverurl=http://127.0.0.1:9001"
 > > in my config, to use a non-unix socket.
 > >
 > > paul
 > >
 > >  >
 > >  > Thanks,
 > >  >
 > >  > Juan
 > >  > _______________________________________________
 > >  > Supervisor-users mailing list
 > >  > [hidden email]
 > >  > https://lists.supervisord.org/mailman/listinfo/supervisor-users

Re: [Supervisor-users] unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file

Joan Perez Esteban
Hi All,

Sorry for late reply, didn’t expect answer that fast :)

I tried to restart supervisor this is the output:
root@nimbusNode ~]# service supervisor stop
[root@nimbusNode ~]# service supervisor start
root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl reread
error: <class 'socket.error'>, [Errno 2] No such file or directory: file: <string> line: 1
[root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl update
error: <class 'socket.error'>, [Errno 2] No such file or directory: file: <string> line: 1
[root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl
unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file
supervisor> exit
[root@nimbusNode ~]#

and indeed supervisor.sock is not there, so I don’t think there is nothing wrong with the code just for some reason this file is not created.
I am using root user all the time.

Regards,
Juan

On 25 Jan 2015, at 04:07, Paul Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hussain wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I guess the error occurs because supervisor service is not running.
>
> i can't speak for juan, but that was not true in my case.  the web
> interface worked fine -- all managed processes were running, and i
> could interact with supervisord from a browser.  it was only the
> unix domain socket that had been somehow removed, and prevented
> supervisorctl from working.
>
> paul
>

>> Do -
>> Sudo service supervisor start or
>> Sodo /etc/supervisor start
>>
>> Then run supervisorctl.
>>
>> I haven't tested this.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hussain

>>> error: unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file.
>>> running last version.

>>> i reported this exact symptom (running on ubuntu) back in may of last
>>> year.  i assume my report is in the archives.  glad i wasn't imagining
>>> it.  :-)   it happened to me several times, and since i had no real
>>> means of debugging it, i switch to "serverurl=http://127.0.0.1:9001"
>>> in my config, to use a non-unix socket.
>>>
>>> paul

Re: [Supervisor-users] unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file

Joan Perez Esteban
not sure if I am sending this twice, my mail server returned me an error.
I did try restart the service but the error persist, I don’t have the required file so it returns an error,

[root@nimbusNode ~]# service supervisor stop
[root@nimbusNode ~]# service supervisor start
[root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl reread
error: <class 'socket.error'>, [Errno 2] No such file or directory: file: <string> line: 1
[root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl update
error: <class 'socket.error'>, [Errno 2] No such file or directory: file: <string> line: 1
[root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl
unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file
supervisor> exit
[root@nimbusNode ~]#

supervisor.sock does not exist, so getting an error. Any other ideas?

many thanks in advance.

joan perez esteban wrote:
 > Hi,
 > not sure if I am sending this twice, my mail server returned me an error.
 > I did try restart the service but the error persist, I don’t have
 > the required file so it returns an error,
 >
 > [root@nimbusNode ~]# service supervisor stop
 > [root@nimbusNode ~]# service supervisor start
 > [root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl reread
 > error: <class 'socket.error'>, [Errno 2] No such file or directory: file: <string> line: 1
 > [root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl update
 > error: <class 'socket.error'>, [Errno 2] No such file or directory: file: <string> line: 1
 > [root@nimbusNode ~]# supervisorctl
 > unix:///tmp/supervisor.sock no such file
 > supervisor> exit
 > [root@nimbusNode ~]#
 >
 > supervisor.sock does not exist, so getting an error. Any other ideas?

i see.  your symptom is different than mine.  in my case, when i restarted
supervisord, the socket came back, and remained there for days or weeks,
and then it would disappear again.

in your case, the socket is missing right away.  i don't have any
more to say -- sorry.

paul