[Supervisor-users] Run Supervisord as a singleton or one for each application

[Supervisor-users] Run Supervisord as a singleton or one for each application

Alan Evangelista
I have 2 applications managed by supervisord and I am running 1 instance of supervisord for each one.

$ ps aux | grep supervisord
(...) grep --color=auto supervisord
(...) venv/bin/python venv/bin/supervisord -c config/supervisord/packages_signer.conf
(...) venv/bin/python venv/bin/supervisord -c config/supervisord/nginx.conf

I see supervisord as a replacement for upstart or systemd, which manages several daemons.
Thus, it seems to me that I could have a single process of supervisord with one conf file and two
[program]
sections in it. Is that correct? If so, is that the best approach?

Regards,
Alan

Re: [Supervisor-users] Run Supervisord as a singleton or one for each application

Andres Reyes
That is correct, and yes that is the best approach

Regards

> I have 2 applications managed by supervisord and I am running 1 instance of
> supervisord for each one.
>
> $ ps aux | grep supervisord
> (...) grep --color=auto supervisord
> (...) venv/bin/python venv/bin/supervisord -c
> config/supervisord/packages_signer.conf
> (...) venv/bin/python venv/bin/supervisord -c config/supervisord/nginx.conf
>
> I see supervisord as a replacement for upstart or systemd, which manages
> several daemons.
> Thus, it seems to me that I could have a single process of supervisord with
> one conf file and two [program]
> sections in it. Is that correct? If so, is that the best approach?
>
> Regards,
> Alan

Andrés Reyes Monge
[hidden email]